With its unique combination of trail-friendly performance gear and modern comfort features, the 2023 Subaru Forester Wilderness is a great option for families who crave adventure. This compact SUV also balances rugged performance with a roomy, accommodating cabin and a comfortable everyday ride!
- Subaru has updated the Forester’s adaptive cruise control system to create a smoother performance.
- These off-road-ready SUVs earn up to 26 mpg combined!
- Compared to other Forester trim models, the Wilderness adds rugged features designed to improve performance on the trail.
- The off-road-ready Forester trim model starts at $34,320!
Why choose the 2023 Subaru Forester Wilderness?
The Wilderness is the Forester’s off-road-ready trim model, perfect for families who love a rugged vacation. Not only is this five-passenger SUV equipped for adventure, but it also has its own style, with unique copper trim, inside and out. And the cabin is handsomely equipped with creature comforts, including heated front seats and dual-zone automatic climate control.
How efficient is the 2023 Subaru Forester Wilderness?
This SUV does a great job of balancing sporty performance with efficiency, earning 26 mpg combined (25 city/28 highway). The Forester Wilderness was built for powering down the trail, which it does very well. Not only does the Wilderness offer more ground clearance than other Forester trim models, but it also treats you to all-terrain tires and a 180-degree front trail camera. The Wilderness is also a great option for towing a small-to-medium utility vehicle or boat, with a max tow rating of 3,000 pounds.
The 2023 Forester Wilderness powertrain specs include:
- 2.5L four-cylinder engine (182 horsepower, 176 lb-ft of torque)
- Continuously variable transmission with eight-speed manual mode
- All-wheel drive
Which features come with the 2023 Subaru Forester Wilderness?
Not only does this capable SUV come with everything you need to hit the trail, but it also delivers a very stylish cabin. In fact, the Forester Wilderness also features its own style, with unique trim, inside and out.
Compared to lesser Forester trim models, the Wilderness trim model upgrades performance and style with some unique features:
- 17-inch matte-black finish alloy wheels
- All-terrain tires
- Raised suspension with 9.2 inches of ground clearance
- Dual-function X-MODE with Hill Descent Control
- StarTex water-repellent upholstery
- Starlink infotainment with 8.0-inch touchscreen
- 180-degree trail camera
- Anodized Copper-finish interior and exterior accents
- Unique bumper and fender flare design
- Front skid plate
The Wilderness also comes standard with many of the features you’ll find on lesser trims, including:
- Power-adjustable driver’s seat
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Heated front seats
- Reclining rear seats with one-touch folding
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Six-speaker audio system
- 4G LTE Wi-Fi capability
- Dual front and rear USB ports
- EyeSight Driver Assist Technology (including forward collision mitigation, lane departure warning, and adaptive cruise control)
- Panoramic power moonroof
For more to love, you can add some of this SUV’s available options:
- Harman Kardon premium audio system
- Power liftgate with height memory settings and automatic close
How much is the 2023 Subaru Forester Wilderness?
The Forester’s rugged trim model starts at $34,320. However, this price does not include optional features, like navigation or the premium Harman Kardon sound system!