Ready for the 2023 Subaru WRX? The latest version of this four-door sports car has arrived! Let’s take a look at everything the WRX brings to your daily drive.
- After a full redesign for 2022, this new WRX doesn’t bring any major changes. But it does include new rear-seat headrests!
- This sports sedan is known for its swift ride and sporty handling, thanks in part to its turbocharged powertrain and standard all-wheel drive.
- Choose from four WRX trim models to create the sports sedan that best suits your personal style.
- The 2023 WRX is a reliable option. Plus, it comes with Subaru’s extensive warranty coverage!
What’s new for the 2023 Subaru WRX?
For 2023, the WRX sports new rear-seat headrests. Otherwise, it’s the same sedan you’ve come to know and love!
After a full redesign for the 2022 model year, we didn’t expect any big changes for this new model. The new WRX continues the fifth generation, with the same powerful engine and an available adaptive suspension introduced last year, among other upgrades.
Why is the 2023 Subaru WRX so fast?
The WRX is a quick sports sedan, thanks to its turbocharged engine! Drivers get to choose between the six-speed manual transmission and continuously variable transmission (CVT) for the kind of performance they crave. And every WRX comes standard with all-wheel drive, adding sporty handling to a quick performance!
The 2023 Subaru WRX powertrain specs include:
- Turbocharged 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine (271 horsepower, 258 lb-ft of torque)
- Six-speed manual transmission or optional continuously variable transmission
- All-wheel drive
Which 2023 Subaru WRX trim model is best?
The best WRX trim model for you will suit your individual needs! Choose from four options: the entry-level base, mid-level Premium, upscale Limited, and extra-sporty GT. Let’s take a look at some of the highlights from each WRX.
The base WRX trim model is nicely equipped with modern infotainment gear. You’ll also enjoy roomy, comfortable seating. When you add the optional CVT, Subaru’s safety package also comes standard (including forward collision mitigation, adaptive cruise control, and evasive steering assist).
Standard features include:
- 17-inch wheels
- Cloth front sport seats
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Dual 7-inch central touchscreens
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Dual USB ports
- Six-speaker sound system
- LED headlights with automatic high beams
The WRX Premium adds to the base lineup with lots of comfort and convenience upgrades. These include:
- 18-inch wheels
- Heated seats
- Alloy pedals
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Keyless entry and ignition
- PIN code vehicle entry system
- Starlink with 11.6-inch central touchscreen
- Dual rear USB ports
- Heated side mirrors
- Windshield wiper de-icer
- LED fog lights
- Rear spoiler
- Optional Harman Kardon sound system
- Optional power sunroof
The Limited is a very luxurious option, adding to the aforementioned features with stylish upholstery and premium technology. With the optional CVT, the Limited also comes with rear automatic braking technology.
This WRX adds to the Premium features with:
- 10-way power-adjustable driver’s seat
- Faux-leather seating with microsuede inserts
- Harman Kardon sound system
- Power sunroof
- Blind-spot monitoring with rear cross-traffic alert
- Body-colored exterior mirrors with integrated turn signals
- Adaptive headlights
If you want to enhance your WRX’s performance, the GT is the right trim model for you. This sports sedan also comes standard with the continuously variable transmission.
- 18-inch wheels
- Recaro front sport seats
- Upgraded interior trim
- Adaptive suspension dampers
- Additional drive modes
Is the 2023 Subaru WRX reliable?
The WRX is a reliable sports sedan. In addition to its solid build, this Subaru also comes with an excellent factory warranty. For instance, powertrain components are covered for three years or 60,000 miles, whichever one comes first. The limited bumper-to-bumper coverage lasts three years or 36,000 miles.