In the 2024 Subaru Outback Wilderness, nothing seems impossible. Thanks to rugged upgrades, these off-road-ready SUVs help you take on wicked off-road terrain.
- For 2024, the Wilderness gets an updated grille and front bumper, making it look even more rugged than before.
- Compared to other Outback trim models, the Wilderness comes off the assembly line ready to tackle rugged off-road terrain.
- These adventurous midsize SUVs earn 23 mpg combined (21 city/26 highway).
- You can order your very own Outback Wilderness starting at $39,960.
What’s new for the 2024 Subaru Outback Wilderness?
Unlike other Outback trim models, the Wilderness gets a few updates for 2024. This rugged SUV now sports a new grille and front bumper to enhance its wild good looks. Otherwise, the Wilderness is the same rugged midsize SUV you’ve come to know and love!
What’s so special about the 2024 Subaru Outback Wilderness?
No other Outback trim model is as ready for the trail as the Wilderness. Not only does this SUV come with an upgraded all-wheel-drive system to help you boost traction when you need it most, but it also includes all-terrain tires, a lifted suspension, and a front skid plate to protect your Outback from sharp surfaces.
Inside, these sporty SUVs are equally ready for action, with water-resistant upholstery and all-weather mats. But they’re also big on style, with copper trim and accent stitching. In addition to standard features, like Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration, the Wilderness enhances your on-road entertainment with a 12-speaker Harman Kardon premium sound system.
Every Outback Wilderness comes standard with these upgrades:
- Water-resistant faux-leather upholstery
- Heated steering wheel
- 12-speaker Harman Kardon sound system
- All-terrain tires
- Lifted suspension
- Upgraded all-wheel drive with low-ratio setting
- Front skid plate
- Upgraded roof rack with 700-pound weight limit
- Copper exterior trim
- Black exterior badging
- Revised bumper and fender flares
What’s the gas mileage on the 2024 Subaru Outback Wilderness?
The Wilderness isn’t quite as thrifty as other Outback trim models, with EPA ratings of 23 mpg combined (21 city/26 highway). However, it does give you more power than most other trims, thanks to its turbocharged engine upgrade, which enhances your off-road drive with 260 horsepower and 277 pound-feet of torque. Like every Subaru, the Outback Wilderness comes standard with all-wheel drive. To help you travel through rugged terrain, though, the Wilderness comes with an upgraded system with a low-ratio setting.
The 2024 Subaru Outback Wilderness powertrain specs include:
- Turbocharged 2.4L four-cylinder engine (260 horsepower, 277 lb-ft of torque)
- Continuously variable transmission
- All-wheel drive
How much is the 2024 Subaru Outback Wilderness?
The most rugged Outback trim model starts at $39,960. This price includes all of the Wilderness’s standard features, though the price may vary according to how you equip your specific model!