The 2024 Subaru WRX has arrived, and these compact sedans are slick as ever, thanks to their infamous boxer engine and available suspension upgrades. There’s even a new TR trim model available to help you experience peak WRX performance!
- For 2024, the WRX introduces a new top-of-the-line TR trim model equipped with high-performance gear.
- Every 2024 WRX gives you 271 horses, compliments of its turbocharged horizontally opposed four-cylinder engine!
- Choose from four trim models for the WRX that’s equipped with all the features you want.
- Not only did Subaru build a solid, reliable car in the WRX, but this sporty compact sedan also comes with generous warranty coverage.
What’s new for the 2024 Subaru WRX?
The latest WRX introduces a brand new trim model, the TR. Some readers may recognize the TR nameplate from previous WRX model years, when the TR was a stripped-down option intended for drivers who wanted to do their own tuning. But this all-new TR is quite a different beast. When it comes to performance, the new TR is actually a step above the GT model, giving you upgrades like Brembo brakes, high-performance tires, Recaro front sport seats, and exclusive suspension tuning. This new TR is actually the most fully loaded WRX available!
What engine powers the 2024 Subaru WRX?
The 2024 WRX features the iconic Subaru boxer engine, treating you to plenty of speed and a surprisingly smooth ride. Every WRX trim model generates 271 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque, perfect for anyone who craves a sporty performance.
The 2024 Subaru WRX performance specs include:
- Turbocharged 2.4L horizontally opposed four-cylinder engine (271 horsepower, 258 lb-ft of torque)
- Six-speed manual transmission or optional continuously variable transmission (aka the Subaru Performance Transmission)
- All-wheel drive
Which 2024 Subaru WRX trim model should I buy?
For 2024, there are five available WRX models: base, Premium, Limited, GT, and TR. Moving up the list adds more and more comfort, tech, and performance features. But the model that’s right for you will both give you what you want in a WRX and fit nicely into your budget! Keep reading to check out highlights from each 2024 Subaru WRX trim model.
The entry-level WRX treats you to quite the standard lineup, keeping you connected and comfortable.
- Cloth upholstery
- Sport-bolstered front seats
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Height-adjustable driver’s seat
- Single-zone automatic climate control
- Dual 7-inch infotainment touchscreens
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Six-speaker sound system
- Remote keyless entry
- LED headlights
- Forward collision warning with automatic emergency braking
- Lane keeping system and lane departure mitigation
- Evasive steering assist
- Adaptive cruise control
For a slightly higher price, you can add to the standard lineup with some very coveted upgrades, including an increasingly user-friendly touchscreen interface.
- Heated front seats
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Keyless entry and ignition
- 11.6-inch infotainment touchscreen
- Starlink connected services
- Heated exterior mirrors
- LED fog lights
- Windshield wiper de-icer
- Optional sunroof
- Optional Harman Kardon
For more tech and comfort features, the Limited is a great option.
- Faux-leather seating with microsuede inserts
- Power-adjustable driver’s seat
- Harman Kardon premium sound system
- Adaptive headlights
- Body-colored exterior mirrors with integrated turn signals
- Blind-spot warning with rear cross-traffic warning
- Rear automatic braking (with CVT)
The GT adds to the aforementioned features with performance upgrades, giving you impressive control over your performance.
- Recaro front sport seats
- Upgraded interior trim
- Adaptive suspension dampers
- Extra drive mode settings
The WRX’s all-new trim model is more capable than the rest, improving your performance with Brembo brakes and an exclusive suspension designed for sharper handling, among other upgrades.
- Recaro front sport seats
- Brembo brakes
- Unique suspension tuning
- High-performance tires
Is the 2024 Subaru WRX reliable?
Besides being built for speed, the Subaru WRX is meant to last. These sporty sedans also come with great warranty coverage. That means if anything does go wrong, you can bring your WRX to the dealership shop for warranty-related repairs.
- Basic limited warranty: 3 years/36,000 miles
- Powertrain limited warranty: 5 years/60,000 miles